Friday, October 5, 2007

TAGGED... How it all began!

(I've been tagged by Katie)

#1 Where did you meet your husband?

I've actually known my husband since I was in 4th grade. Our lives enter twined all the time from then on. We went to the same schools, were in the same ward, went to the same activities, but we never actually did any of that stuff together! Our Jr. year in high school they had a dance for all the kids that would be seniors the next year. My dad ALWAYS wanted me to date Trevor so the whole dance he kept telling him to dance with me. Nothing really came of our relationship after that. I almost asked him to dance... but he says he's glad I didn't cause I was a brat in high school!! :) Later I went to college and came home one weekend, and was hanging out with Gavin and Trevor's brother Tyler at the Wagner's house and Trevor came home and we talked about a movie he just went to see and I said well, I'd love to see that movie we should go sometime!

#2 What happened next?

I think it took Trevor like a month to ask me out! He called me one day after church and asked me out. I told him he had to bring a date for Katie! hehe Our first date we went to a corn maze and then Katie and Nic went home and I stayed at his house and watched a movie. It was really fun... he still talks about when he tried to hold my hand and I only let him hold my finger!! He would always ask me out whenever he saw my car home for the weekend. After Christmas break, I decided I really liked him and was definately wasting my time at college so I moved home and we dated for 4 years before we finally got engaged. There was lots of drama in those 4 years, but I think it just made us stronger as a couple, and by the end of the 4 years we definately knew that we wanted to be together! My dad always claims that he picked Trevor for me!! We are just meant to be!

We were married May 23, 2003 in the Manti Temple. It was one of the happiest days of my life!


Someone pointed out I didn't tag anyone... so I tag
Leslie
Brittney
and Shantell!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

What a fun story to share! I didn't realize that you guys dated for 4 years! I always thought me and Matt had a long dating/engagement period-guess not!hehe! I feel so badly that we didn't spend more time hanging out with you guys while we were still in UT. We really had fun the night we came over and played Settlers! You are deffinitely a fun couple!

Anonymous said...

Wait a second...you didn't tag anyone?