Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Gene isn't a Chrysalis ANYMORE!

This is Gene. Our Grandma Kenna raised him from an egg! We've watched him grow, poop, and eat! He turned into a chrysalis a couple of weeks ago!
Grandma Kenna called us this morning to tell us Gene was now a butterfly! When I told Izzy Gene is a butterfly now! She said "OH Gene isn't a chrysalis anymore!"

Izzy really did want to like him but she was a little freaked out!

Iz was really concerned Beckem was going to get him... turns out his binkie was on the counter and he was just crawling for it! haha

He was just hanging there, and suddenly he spread his wings and started getting ready to fly! Grandpa Mike got the stick and we took him out to the deck so he could fly away!

Beckem was braver than Izzy and decided he wanted to hold him!


Then he too decided it was a little freaky! HAHA!

Liv was brave enough, but a little too aggressive!

After almost being smooshed by our adorable one year old, he decided I AM OUT OF HERE!

We told Izzy he will fly far away to Mexico and come back later and lay eggs. I really thought she got it, until we pulled into Grandma Rocks drive way later that day and we could see Grandma Kenna's back yard and Izzy said "Look mom it's Mexico!"

3 comments:

Matt N Camie Family said...

LOL HOW FREAKING CUTE IS THAT??? I love your girls!! :)

Katie said...

I think it's awesome she kept that til it became a butterfly!!! I love that it was around for the kids to see!

Monica said...

Reading this post reminded me of the time when I caught a butterfly at school and had the brilliant idea of putting it in my backpack so I could take it home and show my mom haha